NEW HEALTHY AND VIBRANT RECIPE – NOURISHING AND FRESH
I found this delicious recipe on @edgarraw instagram account a few weeks ago and really liked the fact it was a new method of cooking soup which I had not tried before – blend everything and then cook it. Also liked the fact it uses fresh herbs and range of vegetables and only takes a total of 20 mins to make.
- Easy dinner option
- Fresh and vibrant flavours
- Quick to make – 20 mins
- Uses seasonal veg and herbs
- High anti-oxidant content – tomatoes, garlic, broccoli and courgette!
- Healthy Fats from coconut
You will need a Blender and if you do not have fresh tomatoes/do not have the time to puree them there is an option to use store cupbaord pasata or tinned tomatoes
3 cups of tomatoes pureed (this can be replaced with 1 x pasata 500g and 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes)
1 white onion
200g creamed coconut
1 cup of water
4 tsp of white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
3 garlic cloves
4 tbsps of soy sauce or tamari
8 fresh oregano leaves or 1 tsp of dried oregano/mixed herbs
8 basil leaves (plus extra for serving)
3 – 5 fresh sage leaves
1/2 head of Broccoli
1 cup of mushrooms
1/2 red pepper
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- In the blender add puree tomatoes, water, onion (chopped), soy sauce, garlic, oregano, vinegar, and coconut cream – blend for a few minutes. I had to do this in 2 batches as the blender was not big enough.
- Add coconut oil or a little olive oil to pan, then add your blended ingredients and cook for 8 minutes
- Add the chopped mushrooms and broccoli florets and continue cooking for another 5 – 8 minutes
- Turn off heat and add the chopped basil and sage
- To serve: Add to the bowls then decorate with diced red pepper, use a peeler to create strips of courgette which you then roll up and place in the soup (sounds difficult but totally worth it as the flavour is lovely and fresh) and then add chopped basil leaves to the top. Salt and pepper to taste.